Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send notifications depending of the IssueType

Adrian Criado Garrido August 22, 2022

I don't know how to do this and that's why I ask for help.

I need to send notifications to a certain email address when the ticket is of type "Recurrente". I need when commenting in status "In progress" to send the written comment to a specific email adress and when in the "Done" status to send the comment and also a PDF attached to that specific email too.
I have tried to do this using automation but I can't get it to work properly...

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2022

Hi @Adrian Criado Garrido and welcome to the community!

So you have 3 different requests:

1. I need to send notifications to a certain email address when the ticket is of type "Recurrente".
  2. I need when commenting in status "In progress" to send the written comment to a specific email adress and
  3. when in the "Done" status to send the comment and also a PDF attached to that specific email too.

You need to create 3 different rules. However for now I'll only share with you the first two, because your 3rd request is not clear

Rule 1

For this rule, replace "Bug" with your request type and make any other adjustment necessary.

rule01.png

Rule 2

For this rule I would suggest for you to think if commenting on an issue should be the main action or not.

rule02.png

For rule 3, you need to clarify what kind of PDF you need to send and where this pdf is located.

Adrian Criado Garrido August 22, 2022

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ , thanks for your response. let me clarify this.

I have two types of tickets, "incident" and "recurrent". for incident I use the basic notifications (send notification to the ticket informer).

"Recurring" is an issue type that we use to send the daily infrastructure checks we do for customers.

I only want to send notifications to a specific email address xxxxxx@gmail.com when the ticket is in "recurring". This is a customer email address that is outside of our system so I can't use the basic notifications.

Once I have that, I need that if it is in "in progress" status the message I write as a technician asking or requesting something in the ticket is sent to the specific email address (Only in recurrent type).

On the other hand, when I RESOVLE the incident sending a message + the PDF that I attach I need to send that pdf and the message but only in recurrent status to that specific email when i resolve.

I don't know if Im explaining this well, it's a bit complicated. 😅

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2022

It's not complicated.

Since you can't use Notification Scheme to send notifications to users outside of Jira, then you can use the automation as I described it in my previous comment. As for the last comment you could use smart values to get that inside your email body. The same thing you can do for the attachment: 

• {{issue.comments.last.body}} - Returns the body of the last comment.

Another approach would be to use post functions within your workflow with the use of an app as well, that allows you to send emails (e.g. jmwe).

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events