Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send email to external source

Preston Warden February 17, 2021

Hello,

We are using JIRA as a "RFQ" system so that we can track how quotes are being requested. Is ti possible to do the following?

SC-38 (Main RFQ)

Subtask 1 - Send email to Vendor #1 using xyz@gmail.com

Subtask 2 - Send email to Vendor #2 using abc@gmail.com

I want it so they can reply to the email and it adds it to the ticket. I use this for other tickets and the email replies work, but I have not tried to do it with a non-user.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2021

that will only work if the user is a customer OR you have the project setup to add new customers when they email in. Otherwise the JSM email handler will block it which can be observed in the email log as "Failed",

Does it affect the person emailing in to show that they are "customers"? Do they get any special emails from it? If they need to do anything in the future, does it affect?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2021

sorry, not following. If you set the project up to add the person as a customer then they will get notifications in accordance w/ your Customer notification config.

Sorry, I suppose I am asking:

How do you set up the vendor as a new user? Can I set up a custom field that the purchaser can type their email into and it sends it? Or is there another way that is done?

0 votes
Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 17, 2021

If it's the same emails being used automation for jira allows this. Otherwise they need to have view access to the issue. Downside of that method though is someone may try to open the issue from the automation and not actually have access

Thanks. I think that should all work.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events