Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send email to a tagged user or a tagged group with the last comment

Ivan Bogdanovic
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 28, 2024

I am trying to create automation to send the last comment on a task to a tagged user or a group.

Tried with smart value {{issue.fields.Tagged Users.email}} , but i get following message in audit log:

Could not send email, the 'To' address field is empty. If you have referenced a field it may be empty.
the rule is working when i specify the address in TO field
Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2024

Hi @Ivan Bogdanovic 

What field type is "Tagged Users"?

Is it not possible to use Watchers? Or, use the Notification Scheme to send the comments to the relevant users?

Ste

0 votes
Marius March 28, 2024

Hi Ivan,

I think {{issue.fields.Tagged Users.email}} is not an existing Smart Value. At least I was not able to find it in the documentation for Issue Smart Values and User Smart Values.

The documentation about User Smart Values also states, that E-Mail information about a User might be unavailable in Smart Values if the user set the email adress privacy to Only you and admins.

Could you give more insight into your usecase? If you tag (@-Mention) a User, the User will usually get a notification about that already.

Many greetings,
Marius

Ivan Bogdanovic
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 28, 2024

Hi Marius, thanks for the feedback

Not sure where I've found it, I was googling.

Case should be very simple, I would like to notify via email tagged person in a task comment.

PS also tried with simple tagging @User, but didn't receive the email

Thanks

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events