cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send Single Automation Email to Board Owner

Briana Hall
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 28, 2024

I've created a JQL automation that sends an email to me twice a week with a list of issues that are unresolved and due in 60 days. But if there are 9 issues, I get 9 emails, all with the same list. 

I only need to send it to me as the board owner right now, but I'm not assigned to each task as other people handle them. It's mostly as a reminder to myself. How can I get this down to one email? I know basically nothing about JQL or HTML so if there's a cleaner query format, I'll take suggestions for that too!

JQL Query: 

(project in (11175)) AND (duedate >= 0days and duedate > -30days and duedate < 60days and Status!=done)

Email HTML: 

The following issues are due in 30-60 days. {{#lookupIssues}} {{key}} {{summary}} {{duedate}} {{/}}

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2024

Hi @Briana Hall and welcome to the Community!

You might be better off using a filter subscription instead of an automation rule for this. Not that it is not possible with an automation rule, but you can save your automation rules for other, more suitable cases that way.

Navigate to Filters > View all issues and construct a search there that looks like this:

Project = "<Your Project>" AND statusCategory != Done
AND due >= 30d AND due <= 60d

Using statusCategory will make your search more generic than status, as it will look at all green statuses in your project (might be interesting if you also have a cancelled or closed status, to name a few common examples.

Run the filter and then save it. After that, next to the filter name, you will find a couple of options, one of them being filter subscriptions.

Right there, you can create a subscription for yourself, which will send you a single overview mail of all issues matching the filter at a chosen interval.

Hope this helps!

Briana Hall
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 28, 2024

Wow, that's so simple. Thank you! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events