Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send Notification to groups according to multi select list

Siddesh Mahajan May 19, 2023

Dear All,

I have a scenario where we have a Multi Select dropdown custom field on Portal. When the customer selects those options, an email or group needs to be mapped to each option selected by the Customer and notification needs to be sent to those email or group. 

This would had been easy if we could have provision to display group custom fields over the portal. But that's not possible. 

I have 24 values listed in Multi Select dropdown hence creating automation of 24 option combination is also hectic. Kindly suggest.

Thanks in advance

1 answer

2 votes
Anna Hryhoruk _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2023

Hello @Siddesh Mahajan ,

Please let me know if you have Power Scripts or consider using additional applications. I think it may be doable using Power Scripts. Also, I am wondering when the user selects values in the field: during issue creation or later while editing? 
I think about some script , which will connect field value and 'send email to' action. Something like : if customfield = a > send email to a@gmail.com; if customfield = b > send email to b@gmail.com; etc. Of course, you will need to list all 24 options, but it will be done in frames of one script. 

Best regards,
Anna

Siddesh Mahajan May 21, 2023

Hi @Anna Hryhoruk _Appfire_ ,

Thanks a lot for your response.

Currently we don't have Power Script addon nor planning to use. I see it can also be doable using scriptrunner. But I was checking if i can do this task by default features available.

Thanks & Regards,

Siddesh Mahajan

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events