cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send Issue per Mail to External / Receive Mail as internal comment

Hannes August 8, 2022

Hi everybody!

I'm trying to reach the following:

A customer ist creating an issue via portal. We want to forward some of this issues per mail to external partners. This partner should receive a mail and send back an answer. This answer has to be an internal comment.

Because of the internal comment the mail request type is not an option. What else can I do to handle this? I'm open for any suggestions.

Thanks a lot!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2022

Hello @Hannes ,

I think you may be able to forward a notification to the external partners using Automation for Jira or adjusting your notification scheme, but I'm not quite sure how to get the comments to show as internal only. I'd have to research and get back to you.

Hannes December 20, 2022

I did a lot of testing and the only setting working is to create a sub-task "Mail" and send this mail to external. The external contact can add a public comment to "Mail" and  this can be converted and  copied to an internal comment to the Master.

All other ideas ran into different problems, in special mail forwarding leads to problems for the Jira Mail Handler (some Mails are being cutted off).

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events