Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select List with extra fields

Crystal Rouse February 11, 2021

I am looking for a way to have a select list with additional fields. For example

Name

Start Date

End Date

Type

I need the user to be able to select from a drop-down list the Name.  The additional properties/values are needed for reporting.

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2021

Hi Crystal, I'm not quite following your response to Kian. How do you gather Start date, End Date and Type if it isn't entered somewhere? Maybe you are saying that if someone selects a name from the Name select list then this other data is pulled in from some other source automatically from say the user's profile or some other DB? If this is the case unfortunately OOTB it doesn't exist. There are solution, e.g. Insight or other addons that could be leveraged. Check the Marketplace. Or you could use the APIs to pull data from your own DB if that is an option.

Crystal Rouse February 13, 2021

If the User selects Name, the Start Date, End Date, and Type would be automatically associated.  Kind of like a reference table.  The Version Field has some of this but I need to add another field for Type.  Plus you can't change the Label on Forms for the Version Field and it's not a software build so I don't want to confuse users.  

The data doesn't need to come from another source.  This table of information would be entered and updated by an agent.  Once data entered, that particular row of data would not change (unless the user makes a mistake).  

I need this reference table of data available for a select list across several Issue Types so that I can report on the data.  For example, all the Names in a date range for a specific Type.  

We do have Insight and I will look into that.  I don't however want to tie this to a particular record in Insight - just use it as a reference table.

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2021

@Crystal Rouse

Can you please clarify what you are looking for? It sounds like you just want 4 different custom fields

• Name - Select List
  • Start Date - Date Picker
  • End Date - Date Picker
  • Type - unknown.

Thanks,

Kian

Crystal Rouse February 12, 2021

I wish it was that easy.

I actually don't want the user to have to select the Start Date, End Date,  and Type.  I just need them to select the Name from a select list.  The rest of the data relating to their selection needs to be stored so that I can use it for reports.

Thanks!

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 12, 2021

@Crystal Rouseechoing @Jack Brickey's comment from below, I don't really understand your response. Where is the Start Date, End Date, and Type located? Are these values always going to be the same? Are they set based on a set of rules?

Thanks,

Kian 

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 15, 2021

@Crystal Rouse

There does not appear to be an easy way to do this. I took a look at a couple of apps to see if I could find something that would help you, but I'm not seeing a great option.

Crystal Rouse February 16, 2021

I am going to try Insight. I think it will work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events