Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search bar on the portal

Anna Sike April 6, 2023

How can I add the search bar to my Jira portal to look like this?
Still reading articles and most say it should appear automatically once the Confluence page is linked to the Jira portal via the Knowledge Base.
I have done that, and if I add a Summary bar to a form within the portal it works. But no search bar on the portal.

Jira Portal Goals.JPG

1 answer

1 vote
Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2023

Hello Anna,

When you go to your help center home page, the search bar should be there.

Can you share a screenshot of what you are seeing now?

Anna Sike April 6, 2023

Hi Paul,

It is on the help centre page, but I am looking to move it to the portal page.
We have multiple portals for different branches of the organisation. They go to the portal page as default.

Currently this is how the portal page looks like:Test Portal Currently.JPG

Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2023

Hello @Anna Sike 

Ah, I see. The reason why you don't see the search bar, is because you are in the project portal and not in the help center. It's confusing, I know.

If you click the "Information Centre Requests" you should enter the Help Center home page. The search bar is only shown there. 

Or, go to https://fareshare.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals to access the help center home page.

Anna Sike April 6, 2023

And there is no way to add a search bar to the portal? Only to forms or to the help centre page?

Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 6, 2023

I'm afraid that is not something that the out-of-the-box help center supports. 

If you need that functionality, you might want to look at Refined or K15t. Those apps can help you customize your portal to look how you want. 

Just keep in mind, you will lose some functionality (forms and JSM integration) and the sign-up process for your users might be a bit tricky. But if you can work around that, they can create some very nice-looking portals that are suited to your needs.

Anna Sike April 11, 2023

Thanks Paul. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events