Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample EPIC Project Templates

Aravind Lekshminarayanan April 3, 2024

Hello, 

I recently (today)  joined the Atlassian community and am excited to learn from this group. 

I create a lot of tasks/ EPICS in JIRA and would love to hear from the experts on any templates they follow while creating an EPIC . 

Truly appreciate any pointers you can provide . 

4 answers

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2024

Hi Araivind - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

It's not really a template, but you can create an automation rule that will automatically create a set of issues (stories, tasks, etc.) when an Epic is created. Is that what you are asking? 

Aravind Lekshminarayanan April 4, 2024

Hi John, 

The automation idea seems very useful to have - also just looking for standard template that have been useful to the Atlassian community while creating and managing EPIC/tasks.

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2024

Let us know if you need help. 

0 votes
Pavel Pavlovsky_AppLiger_ April 4, 2024

Hi @Aravind Lekshminarayanan ,

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

For creating tasks and Epics efficiently in Jira, you may also consider our app, Easy Issue Templates for Jira. It simplifies creating consistent and detailed Epics with customizable templates, saving you time and ensuring every essential detail is included right from the start.

Worth mentioning that creating the right Epic template may require an understanding of your particular use cases.

Feel free to book a quick call so we can advise on that better!

Cheers,

Pavel

Thank you for the update - I shall take a look at the Paid app. 

0 votes
Kate Pawlak [Appsvio]
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 3, 2024

Hi @Aravind Lekshminarayanan

Welcome to the community!

By default, Jira doesn't offer templates for epics. If you have some set of issues or structures which you often create, it's recommended to use templates which can be accomplished in two ways.

The first one is using automation. So you can define the set of issues which are created once the issue with Epic issue type is created. But keep in mind about automation limits (but I see that you're on premium, so maybe it's not a problem for your company). What's more, all issues will be created after creating the Epic issue.

The second option is using the app from marketplace, for example Issue Templates Agent for Jira created by my team. With this app you can define template for single issue or for the whole structure. When you select a template on the native Create issue screen, defined fields will be prefilled. If you have a template for structure, the whole structure (Epic > Stories > Subtasks) will be created.

The key for the best recommendation for you is knowing more about your use case. Could you please describe some example? Also, you marked that the question is about Jira Service Management - are you asking about templates for your internal issues or for requests created by customers?

Kate

Thank you - this is useful information , I shall check out the app as well which seems to be a paid one  This is for internal issues and some customer facing issues as well. 

0 votes
Klaudia Schön_Deviniti_ April 3, 2024

Hi @Aravind Lekshminarayanan

The answer strictly depends on the requirements you have.

Nevertheless, there are many apps dedicated to creating the whole structure from the template in one click (for example: epic + stories + sub-tasks). 

To find a right app, you may use a Marketplace and provide Template in the searcher.

What I can recommend is for instance Issue Templates for Jira.

If you're curious what exactly can be achieved with this app, please schedule an individual meeting with our support team using Calendly. We will be glad to provide you with a quick overview :) 

Kind regards,
Klaudia

Aravind Lekshminarayanan April 3, 2024

Thank you Klaudia - this is very useful information  - I am going to schedule some time to get an overview. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events