cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSL for Webhook communication to on-premise environments

恩田翔
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 22, 2024

Since I am Japanese, I use machine translation. I apologize if the English is difficult to understand.

We would like to implement a webhook from the cloud version of JSM to an Ansible server in an on-premise environment.

When I make a request using “Send Web Request” from JSM automation, I get an error about SSL certificates.

The error text is "500 Unable to validate SSL connection"

For SSL communication, should there be a valid certificate set up on the Ansible server that is not self-certified?

1 answer

0 votes
Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2024

It could indeed be that it refuses to communicate with Ansible as it does not trust a self-signed ssl certificate. Is it actually reachable from the internet?

"Unable to validate SSL connection" could technically also mean that it cannot connect to the url at all, albeit it would be a misleading message if this was the case.

Though, I can't really find anything on this in documentation other than that it should support both 80/443 ports, but perhaps it only cares about the certificate authority if it's https only.

If you don't get a better answer here, I'd say you might want to clarify this with Atlassian via a support ticket if they can confirm what the cause of the error is.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events