Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMAX to JSM migration

Meriem Naim July 27, 2022

Hello,
i am currently an intern at a company where i am asked to make a presentation about the pros/cons of migration from SMAX to JSM. i would love if the community share their experience about this migration, and what key features in JSM that made you choose the solution . Thank you so much in advance 

1 answer

0 votes
Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2022

@Meriem Naim 

I hope to be able to help with this question as I have worked in a Micro Focus environment using OES. This is a little different than their directory solution but I think I can shed some light on migrations. 

Migration with Atlassian take time. One of the things I have done is build out JSM to provide a better experience then the system they have come from. 

If you tried to create a JSM project before to see how it would work for your team?

If you want to migration issues from one service to another if your able to do a CSV export you can import them to JSM. Another thing you can do is use a middleware software like UNITO to connect both sites and run issues sync. I am not sure if UNITO would support SMAX but I am sure there is something out there that does. Other wise you would want to do a CSV migration. 

One of the issues is that to get the issue form the old system to the new system you have to be able to provide the same data points in both systems to map the fields and values. 

This can't always be easy and why I say sometimes migrating ITSM platform is not always easy. It might be better to work from JSM and see how it works and not migrate issues. Typically a fresh start works better. 

Hope this helps. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events