Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLA

Esther Amunga February 18, 2021

Can SLA be tied to a service category rather than to an Issue type in Jira?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2021

Service category? Please explain.

I have a list of services that I am providing, each service has specific SLAs.  I would want to be able to link SLAs to the specific services rather than link SLAs to issue types

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2021

How are these services manifested within JSM? SLAs are associated with issues in JSM so if these services can be associated to issues then yes, if not then no.

The services are associated with issue types, however with the JSM instance I am using, there are SLAs already there tied to issue types for a different team in the same department.

I want to add different SLAs for another team in the same department providing different services.  These services have different SLAs but same issue types with the existing team.  Is this possible?

Like Bruna Girodo Ramos likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 18, 2021

Ok so maybe your “services” are “Request Types” in the project? If that is the case then you can certainly define your SLA goals by RT using the JQL in the goals - how-is-jql-used-to-create-sla-goals 

example...

4h - “customer request type” in (service1, service3)

2h - “customer request type” in (service2, service5)

Like Esther Amunga likes this

Thank you Jack, I shall try this and let you know how it goes.

1 vote
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 19, 2021

Hi @Esther Amunga 

You can also consider an alternative solution SLA Time and Report (created by my team). It lets you set SLA conditions using any issue field, including issue type or other custom fields (like a service category). This app also allows set SLA for Jira Core, Jira Software issues.

2021-02-19_10-21-44.jpg

I hope it helps.

Esther Amunga February 21, 2021

This is good, very simple to implement but I have no budget for this.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events