Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLA setup with multiple levels

DK August 28, 2023

When our customers submit a support ticket, we have a dropdown with a list of "urgency" levels:
Urgent 1

Urgent 2

Urgent 3

etc...

We want to respond to Urgent level 1 within 30 minutes, Urgent level 2 within 90 minutes, urgent level 3 within 120 minutes.

When I create these Urgent levels goals in the SLA project, I am doing something like:
Time Goal: 30m
Issues to display (in  JQL): "Time to resolution" < remaining(30m)

Time Goal: 90m
Issues to display (in  JQL): "Time to resolution" < remaining(90m)

Time Goal: 120m
Issues to display (in  JQL): "Time to resolution" < remaining(120m)

My question is, how do I tether each of these unique 'Urgent' criteria with their respective dropdown value that was submitted? In addition, we would like to monitor this in a Queue and also keep a record of our response times to send to our customers.

Any guidance would be great!

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2023

Hi @DK 

Issues to display

Is this for the actual goal? If so, you should not be using that as your JQL.  Instead, your JQL would be something like this:

Goal JQL 
30m  Urgency = "Urgent 1"
90m  Urgency = "Urgent 2"
120m Urgency = "Urgent 3"

Now, if you're wanting your queues/reporting to be reflective of their respective urgency, you could go a few routes:

• Issue is currently under active SLA
    • "Time to resolution" = running()
  • Issue is nearing breach
    • (Urgency = Urgent 1 AND "Time to resolution" < remaining(15m)) OR (Urgency = Urgent 2 AND "Time to resolution" < remaining(45m)) (Urgency = Urgent 3 AND "Time to resolution" < remaining(60m)) AND "Time to resolution" != Breached()
  • Issue is breached
    • "Time to resolution" = Breached()

I hope this helps

DK August 29, 2023

Very helpful!
This clarified several things for me.

It does beg a follow up question.
I'm assuming this JQL displays a constant running countdown to each Urgency level in the queue? Right now I have to refresh the screen to capture how much time is remaining. Where do I insert this JQL?

• "Time to resolution" = running()
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2023

In your queue, you should be able to add a column for Time to resolution which will give a visual indicator of how much time is remaining on the SLA for each issue.  The JQL is in the event you wanted to create reports/dashboards.

0 votes
Kateryna_v_SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 30, 2023
Hi @DK 
I see your question is resolved, but if you don't mind, I would share an alternative solution with other users using the third-party app from Atlassian Marketplace. Here is an article with a confirmed case of SLA configuration for Team Support — "How to configure SLA Time for the Support team in Jira Cloud".

sla-time-and-report-add-on-for-jira-cloud.gif
This is done in the SLA Time and Report add-on (developed by my team) for different priority tasks and, accordingly, different deadlines for the first response and resolution.

Check the article, and you can try to do the same using a 30-day add-on trial.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events