Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLA setting

Irina Harutiunian March 27, 2024

I need to do the following:
When the incident opens again after completion (Reopen status), I need the SLA to continue counting from where it left off, and not count again.

I was offered to do the following:

Normally this is achieved by having the following actions:

• - Start: On creation
  • - Pause: Resolution Set
  • - Stop: Status = Closed (and other final statusses)

This does imply that Closed = Closed so it  can not be re-opened from Closed.

Only when you have it Resolved, then you give the customer some time to respond and re-open the issue. Since the SLA was only Paused, it will continue to count once re-opened.

BUT I have the following problem now:
I have two statuses that are final - Won't do(User issue) and Won't do(Else),  but the incident can be reopened from these statuses. I paused SLA in these statuses, but the calculation will not end because they have already final statuses and I do not use my final status "Closed" for this cases. That's mean that SLA will be in pause all the time.

Can you offer a solution in this case?

1 answer

0 votes
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2024

Hi @Irina Harutiunian 

Why don't you set Won't do(User issue) and Won't do(Else) as a Stop status instead of Pause status? You said that these are final statuses. Is the reason that you don't want to use in that way because it can be reopened?

If yes, you can consider creating a new status before Won't Do. Or you can say that once the issue is in final status such as Closed, Won't Do etc, it can't be re-opened again. 

Could you share your workflow diagram?

Yes, the issue is that even though "Won't do" is considered a final status, it can still be reopened. Initially, I considered introducing a new status called "Won't do (final)", but then I realized it might not be the best fit for my workflow.

Workflow.png

Perhaps I could automate the SLA for those statuses? I'm having trouble finding appropriate actions to set up SLA through automation.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events