SLA reporting possible across multiple customer projects

Christian Happel June 2, 2022

For each of our customers we set up a separate service desk project (not sure about the reason yet).

Is there any way to get to some reporting across all those projects?

I'm thinking of the following reports in particular

• Time to resolution
  • SLA success rate
  • SLA met vs breached

Everything else I managed through existing gadgets on a dashboard, but for those three I can't figure anything out by myself.

Thanks

2 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 9, 2022

Hi @Christian Happel ,

If you're up for a commercial app, we provide Dashboard Hub for Jira. With over 70 different gadgets, all our Jira Service Management gadgets are multi-project. You can see an example in this live dashboard (you can share dashboards internally, externally or with users of the Customer Portal)

ITSM dashboard 

Hope this helps!

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2022

@Christian Happel Welcome to the Atlassian community

There is not a specific SLA gadget in the dashboard.  Since the majority of the gadgets use filters you can write your own JQL to get information about SLAs.  Here is a link about writing JQL for SLA information https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/use-jira-query-language-jql-to-create-service-level-agreements-slas/

Once you have your filters in place you could use any of the gadgets to display your data.

Christian Happel June 7, 2022

Thanks for those two links Brant.

Unfortunately they don't help me much.
I'm not looking for a way to display a number of tickets that meet certain criteria. 

Instead I'd like to have a report as it is available in a specific Service Mgmt project, just calculating the KPIs across multiple projects.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2022

@Christian Happel That does not exist in the delivered product.  You would need to use a dashboard or get a BI app to help with that type of reporting.

Christian Happel June 7, 2022

I’m more than happy to use a dashboard for that if you could give me another hint on how to do that!

I already used your earlier hint and calculate the number of tickets that breached the SLA in the last month. But how do I calculate a percentage  of tickets, e.g. comparing the number of tickets that did breach the SLA to the total number of tickets?

Atlassian August 1, 2023

Hi @Christian Happel , did you find a solution? I'm also interested.

Christian Happel August 3, 2023

@Gabriele Cecco  No. We ended up consolidating all support projects into just one and the same. This way we could set up SLAs still differently per customer (based on the Organization field) and have reporting across all customers the same way.

I should point out though that we didn't make this move of consolidation because of the SLA calculation. Having our support team deal with many different support projects just wasn't working effectively. Having just one queue now makes keeping track of tickets a lot easier of course.

This consolidation allowed us to have common KPIs across all customers, which then also drove additional improvements leading to a much smoother support experience and a reduction of tickets per customer.

Like Atlassian likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events