Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLA "History"

Jackie hardy July 2, 2024

Hello,

I have several SLAs defined for my project. If an SLA is currently tracking an agent and the agent sends the request back to the prior status the SLA is stopped. Once the agent in the prior status works on the request, they may send it back to a different agent in the next status. Here's my question, will Jira keep the information for both agents that worked on the request while the request is in the manager status? For example:

Request transitions from analyst to manager (Mgr SLA starts for currently assigned agent); Manager transitions the request back to analyst (Mgr SLA is stopped); Analyst transitions to Mgr but assigns the request to a different agent (Mgr SLA starts for newly assigned agent)

I was hoping to capture the SLA times for 2 different managers. Is this possible?

2 answers

0 votes
Gizem Gökçe _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 3, 2024

Hello @Jackie hardy ,

In order to measure and track your agents performance I would recommend using a third-party app, as there is no built-in report in JIRA for this. My recommendation is Timepiece (formerly Time in Status) app, the oldest and leading Time in Status app in Atlassian Marketplace, which is built by my team at OBSS. It is available for both Jira Cloud, and Data Center. 

Timepiece mainly allows you to see how much time each issue spent on each status and on each assignee/group/teamTimepiece offers Assignee Duration per Status report  which shows how much time each assignee spent on each Status. 

Assignee Duration Per Status.png For this report, if you need you can also combine the time for multiple statuses to obtain metrics according to your specifications, such as Cycle Time, Lead Time, Resolve Time etc. Also, you can calculate averages and sums of those durations grouped by the issue fields you select. All these options can provide both calculated data tables and charts. 

Assignee Duration per average cycle time.png

Assignee Duration per average cycle time chart.png

The application also offers custom calendar support. Calendars can be configured based on your working hours, excluding holidays and non-working hours (even lunch breaks) from the calculation. Timepiece reports can be generated based on your custom calendars. 

The app calculates its reports using already existing Jira issue histories so when you install the app, you don't need to add anything to your issue workflows and you can get reports on your past issues as well. Timepiece reports can be accessed through its own reporting page, dashboard gadgets, and issue view screen tabs. Using the Timepiece Dashboard gadget, you can set up a report and send it to managers so they can track their team's performance through their Jira dashboard.

Visit Timepiece (formerly Time in Status) to explore and enjoy a 30-day free trial to experience the full range of features.

If you wish, you can also schedule a live demo. We will provide a comprehensive overview of the application and address any inquiries you may have.

Hope it helps,

Gizem

Jackie hardy July 3, 2024

We are really just interested in the data as we plan to use Tableau to create the reports and dashboards. However, I will still check out your suggested application and thank you for responding.

Like Gizem Gökçe _OBSS_ likes this
Gizem Gökçe _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 3, 2024

You are welcome!

Timepiece also has a very capable REST API. This means you can get the data via REST and import the result to an external reporting tool.

Have a nice day!

Like Jackie hardy likes this
0 votes
Kris Dewachter
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2024

Hi @Jackie hardy ,

Once an SLA timer is stopped, it's not possible to track a second one. If the conditions are met, the SLA timer will reset and start again from the beginning.

SLA's are not meant to track performance of individual agents, but to track the service to the customer. The customer doesn't care if his/her ticket is handled by Agent X or Y.

There are however some AddOns in the Atlassian Marketplace that offer extended SLA functionality. Maybe one of them can help in your case.

Best regards,

Kris

Jackie hardy July 3, 2024

Hello Kris and thank you. We are using the SLAs to ensure the agents are servicing our customers as agreed. I hear you but we also need to know who is servicing the customer. When we create our filter export from Jira via excel, we only see the last agent who worked on the request in the manager status. It would be nice if we were able to see all agents who worked on the request if for any reason the request had to be assigned back to a prior status. Assuming from your comment this cannot be done.

Kris Dewachter
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2024

@Jackie hardy ,

You can always see the last assignee in the history of the ticket.

And you could also create a custom field to store the history of assignee's.

Best regards,

Kris

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events