Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

SLA breached with Waiting for Customer

Hello to everyone,

I want 48 hours to start when there is Waiting for Customer status.

I want to send an e-mail to "reporter" after 24 hours.

When the total is 48 hours, I want to close the call as resolved.

How can I do it with Automation?

I tried to do it, it didn't work..image.pngimage.pngimage.png

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Barış Özer,

If I understand your use case correctly, you are trying to send a email 24 hours before the SLA (of 48 hours) expires.

To do so, in the SLA threshold breached trigger select the second option:  will breach in the next 24 hours.

Your current configuration will try to send the email 24 hours after the 48 hour target was passed. By then, you will already have closed the ticket and no email will be sent anymore.

Hope this helps!

Hi @Walter Buggenhout _ACA IT_ 

Yes, you got it right.

There will be 48 Hours SLA period.

But after 24 hours, I want to send an e-mail.

I want the ticket to be resolved automatically after 48 hours in total.

I tried for 5 minutes for the test but it was not successful?

Can you send me a screenshot? I did as you said, it didn't work.

Hi @Barış Özer,

I am not sure how you can say it did't work after trying for 5 minutes. This trigger fires for tickets based on the SLA timer that is running. If a ticket reaches the 24 hour mark before the end of the SLA, it should activate the rule. If you don't have any tickets that match the exact trigger, nothing will happen.

You may want to use an alternative method based on JQL, but it will never be exact. It would allow you to run from a schedule you can set with e.g. cron expressions and use a JQL filter to select issues with less than 24 hours remaining:

"Waiting for Customer SLA" < remaining ("24h") AND status = "Waiting for Customer""

Depending on the frequency you schedule this alternative, this may lead to your email being sent more than once.

I tested it for 5 minutes. He sent an e-mail after the 5 minutes SLA period expired?

I want it to fire 24 hours after the SLA period starts.

The 48 hour SLA period will start and after 24 hours it should send an e-mail.

Hi @Barış Özer,

I am currently running a test myself on a test site. There's a number of things that should be in place here:

• First of all, the configuration of your SLA should be correct. I do not know what your workflow looks like, but from the screenshot you shared, it seems as if your SLA starts when an issue enters the Waiting for Customer status, can somehow move into Pending as well as Resolved. That last status would stop the SLA timer.
  • For issues in the Service Desk project you specified an SLA target of 48 hours. So, when an issue in that project enters the Waiting for Customer status, the timer starts and keeps running until it enters the Resolved status. Make sure that this is correct.
  • You then need 2 automation rules to cover your described scenario: 1 to send the email (after 24 hours, which is exactly the same as 24 hours before the SLA will be breached). And another one to close your issue when the SLA is being breached.
  • While this is not in your scenario, it would also be respectful to your customer to let them reopen the ticket if they reply after the ticket was closed via an automation.
  • The 1st automation rule should look like this (just update the time from 1 hour to 24 hours):Screenshot 2022-12-29 at 11.56.27.png
  • Be aware that the rule will not fire for existing issues that have already passed the trigger point. Rather expect it to fire for issues that reach the point where they are just 24 hours before the 48 hour SLA target. An issue reaches this point only once.
  • Your second rule can use a similar, configured as shown below. Make sure that your workflow has a transition from Waiting for Customer to Resolved. Otherwise, it will fail.Screenshot 2022-12-29 at 12.01.32.png

When testing, be patient to make sure that an issue actually does reach the point where the rule is triggered (that's why in my test scenario I used a shorter time frame so I can confirm if it works or not). Once more: do not expect this rule to work for issues that have been created e.g. 30 hours ago, as the trigger will not fire anymore for those.

Also: check the SLA timer on your test issue(s). In my scenario, the following issue should send an email in 42 minutes (1 hour before the SLA is about to breach):

Screenshot 2022-12-29 at 12.09.06.png

In your case, that should be 24 hours.

Thank you so much!

Then I make a 48 hour SLA from within the project as in the appendix.

I will automate 2 of them.

Do you see the attachments?

***IMPORTANT***

It only needs to write 48 hours in the SLA tab, right?

***IMPORTANT 2***

The 48-hour period will begin when the Waiting for Customer status becomes available. It will send an e-mail after 24 hours within this period. After 48 hours, the ticket will be resolved.

Is it correct?

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Hi @Barış Özer,

Your SLA configuration seems correct. So does your first automation rule that sends the email. But the second automation rule that updates the issue status to resolved should simply have the first option breached selected. 

Many thanks again for the help! (:

I created it as in the attachment for testing purposes.

But he didn't send an e-mail after 1 minute?

-----

I fixed the 2nd automation.image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Hi @Barış Özer,

No, obviously not. The email will be sent after 47 hours and 59 minutes. I have the impression that you still don't see how it works 😅.

Your SLA target is 48 hours. That is what you have set in the SLA configuration (your first screenshot). Everything you do in your automation rule trigger is relative to that SLA target. When you say: send an email when my SLA wil breach in 1 minute, that means it will do so after 47 hours and 59 minutes. So just set it to will breach in the next 24 hours and it should work as expected.

For reassurance: here is the email I got from my test site, exactly 1 hour after I moved my test issue to Waiting for Customer:

Screenshot 2022-12-29 at 12.48.41.png

I'm so sorry and thank you so much :D

I tested as attached.

10 minutes Waiting for Customer SLA - Automation 5 min next breach and it arrived successfully!! :D

I understand!! (:

It's like we're dividing in half, making a minus? :Dimage.pngimage.png

Allright! If it works, do take a second to accept the answer. It helps users with similar questions to find help more easily!

How are you again?

Can I ask something?

Can someone help?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS