Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLA Clock for External Partners

Aman Sinha June 28, 2021

Hi,

In our case, we often have to engage with partners to solve issues raised in the JSD by our customers. These partners are outside the "system" and we may engage with them by phone or email etc. Is there any way we can have an SLA clock that we can use to track the SLA with these external partners (automated or manually pause/play)? 

It would be really helpful if we can use something in JIRA, to track SLAs with partners on an issue level.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2021

Hi @Aman Sinha

Manually play/pausing the SLA is not really an option. An SLA will always work based on conditions within your issue.

i can think of a couple of ways how you can implement something for this tho.

1. If you really pass on the issue to the external partner (meaning you will not interact with it or continue work on it) you can move the issue to an "awaiting 3rd party"/"processing externally"/"awaiting vendor" status and build your SLA around that. The start condition would then be that status and the moment you go back to "waiting for support" or "in progress" you can stop it. If you need a way to pause the SLA at the partner you could add an additional status to also pause it in that status.
  2. Creating a linked ticket that is pretty much "for the partner". This could be flagged through another issue type (not my favorite) or just by a custom field where you mention the external party. Based on the parameters in that ticket then you can build again an SLA as if it were for internal departments but then at that partner.

Hope this helps! 

Aman Sinha June 29, 2021

Thanks @Dirk Ronsmans 

I'll go back and work on your suggestions. This should help. I'll get back to you here if I have any doubts.

1 vote
Anastasiia Kozaruk _SaaSJet_ July 5, 2021

Hi, @Aman Sinha 

I’d like to recommend you SLA Time and Report, which can help you to set any configuration in Jira.

Define SLA for interacting with external partners with statuses. For example, choose to Start SLA when the task has assignee (Assignee changed from Unassigned to Assigned), Pause with condition ‘Waiting for customer’ and Stop, when the issue is done:

Screenshot_46.png

I believe that such tool from the Atlassian Marketplace, as SLA Time and Report, will be a better solution for you for any SLA ideas you have.

Try it for free from Marketplace

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events