Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLA Calendar setup when Agents are wordlwide

Jean-Francois Noel April 26, 2022

I am trying to think of a "Best way" to setup my SLA's for problem tickets. The issue I am having is that I now have agents that are not just in one location (timezone)

Initially our SLA's were

Critical == 4 hours 

Major == 8 hours

Minor == 32 hours

Trivial == 40 hours 

Where our calendar was 9-5 Eastern 

Now we have Agents in France as well. So this calendar will no longer work.. If I change our Calendar to cover between 3AM - 5PM (that covers us pretty much between our supporting time zone) The Sla's won't work, as the specific agents that get assigned the ticket may be asleep. I cannot find a way to create a calendar based on the Assignee and such.

Does anyone have a best practice or Idea? I know I could just increase my SLA's to math, but if I move my Critical to 8 hours then it sort of defeats the purpose. 

Thanks for the input!

2 answers

2 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2022

Hi @Jean-Francois Noel - Am I correct in my understanding that anyone can triage a new request that comes in within that 0300 - 1700 timeframe, but the assignee may not be in the same region as the agent that performed the triage?  

If this is the case, I would add an additional field to signify team region.  Then you can either have the individual who assigns the request manually set the region or use automation to set the region based upon the assignee.

In your SLA, you can then have different targets/calendars depending upon the team region.

Hi @Mark Segall , 

An example could be, the reporter creates a ticket, "I need a new computer" , and let's say that should take 8 hours to accomplish. If this is received and 4 PM eastern, then normally they would have 1 hour to work on it day of then 7 hours next day starting at 9am. If the Reporter is in France, then it may start at 3am Eastern.

The Assignee technically could be in either region and the reporter could be techincally in either region (some have specialities and some are tier 1 support ) 

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2022

The first question you need to answer is who are you trying to satisfy with the SLA, the customer or the agent?  If the customer, then you want the SLA to be active regardless of when the agents work and if it's about the agent, you want the SLA to be specific to the agent's hours.

My proposed solution of a region field is based upon the agent availability.  If the ticket comes in at 4 PM eastern and is assigned to a French agent, the clock doesn't start ticking until 3:00 AM.  Similarly, if a ticket comes in at 3:00 AM, but assigned to a US agent, the clock doesn't start ticking until the US agent comes online.

If you're looking for satisfying the customer, you need to establish a follow-the-sun support mechanism where the clock is ticking within that 3:00 AM to 5:00 PM and make sure the ticket is assigned to someone who is working during the time it comes in.

1 vote
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2022

Hi @Jean-Francois Noel 

The business hours are agreed with your client/customer in a specific time zone. Or are your customers located in multiple time zones as well? For example, if you have a service project for your employees (internal customers).

Hi @Dave Mathijs , the customers (employees) are world wide and have different time zones too! Initially though, the expectation was that we functioned from 9-5 eastern time. But now, we have 2 different "support time zones" 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events