Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SErvice management workflow with conditions or split into two different workflows?

Rosana Casilli December 23, 2021

Hi all!!

Recently I have received a request asking to add mandatoy approvers for an specficic request type. 

The problem here is not that I do not know how to set approvers, the problem is that the actual workflow has not approval status and it is issued for other request types that doesn't require any approval. And the workflow that has the approval status, could be approve by one of the approvers and not an specific one. 

That being said, I think it is better to add a new workflow for a new issue type, associated with this request type and add the approvers as mandatory. 

Do you think is the best approach?

Thanks in advance 

Ro

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2021

Yes, you will be better off creating a new workflow for the different issue type.   It will be easier to manage, and more clear to your people.

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2021

@Rosana Casilli -

I agreed with what @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  stated.  If you like, you can copy the default out of the box WF that contains the approval step to use it as a base to further customize in according to your need.  Afterward, you can associate it to your new issue type.

Remember to publish your JSM project's WF scheme after you added the new issue type + the new custom WF associate to it.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events