cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running Automation based on Request Type

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2022

OK, this must be Monday.  I am completely stumped.

I want to use a JSM project to create Epics in Jira Software projects as a demo.

I've set up a Request type and Automation 

Screen Shot 2022-05-09 at 9.53.06 AM.png

But the result stops at the Advanced Condition.

Screen Shot 2022-05-09 at 8.58.24 AM.png

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2022

@Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_ -

I would recommend that you use equal instead of "contains".

• {{issue.Request Type.requestType.name}} - Returns the customer request type.

• {{issue.Request Type.currentStatus.status}} - Returns the status of the current request.

• {{issue.Customer Request Type}} - Returns the customer request type for older Jira instances.

Or just check for Request Type using "Issue Fields Condition" instead of "Advanced compare condition".

Hope this helps.  Happy Monday.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Pier-Olivier Tremblay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2022

Perhaps he wants his condition to validates against all the request types that contains Mobile ?

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2022

Thanks, @Joseph Chung Yin !  I went with the "Issue Fields Condition" and selected the Request Type.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pier-Olivier Tremblay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2022

{{issue.Request Type}} gives you what you want

Pier-Olivier Tremblay
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 9, 2022

By looking again at your screenshot I think the issue is that you added double quotes to the value in the comparison.

Check mine :

Screen Shot 2022-05-09 at 1.21.00 PM.png

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2022

Cool!  Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events