cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run a manually triggered rule not populating not clickable

Nate Dickinson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2022

I'm trying to run a rule in my project, but my rules are not visible in the normal dropdown. Is there a reason why these aren't showing? I can still see my project rules when I click on manage, but I can't execute these rules. 

Temporary workaround: 

I have found a way to make these visible again, but it's really strange and I can't tell if it would work for everyone. If I go to the affiliated JS project and click into rule executions I get a list of rules for that project. I don't run anything here. When I go back to JSM my list is then available. I'm not sure why this temporarily fixes the issue, but it does. 

rule execution.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2022

@Nate Dickinson -

A few things that you should check - 

1) For Manual Trigger, you need to ensure "who can run the trigger" is configured properly.

2022-09-02_8-15-01.png

2) Did your trigger got disabled?

3) In rare occurrence, if you refresh your browser screen again when viewing the issue, then the listing will come back in.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Nate Dickinson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2022

Hi Joseph, Thank you very much for the response. I've got about 10 manually triggered rules for this project, and none of them are visible, and to my knowledge none of them would have been changed. It's like the list just isn't populating. 

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2022

@Nate Dickinson -

So if you access Project settings >> Automation, you see all of those rules are enabled and who can run the automation are configured properly right?

If everything looks good, I did came across the event where I had to refresh my browser screen to get the list to display because I did see the same image that you included in the case.  However after my browser was refreshed, then everything functions as expected.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events