Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting submission of forms

Steven Walls November 20, 2023

I'm looking to see if there is any code that can be applied to a form that would restrict users to its submission if it's less than 30 days from the date of the event.  Is this possible within Jira?

1 answer

1 vote
Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2023

Hi @Steven Walls ,

Welcome to the community!

You can't restrict the submission, but you can immediately decline the issue. This is more useful (at least, I think it is) because you can also provide a comment why the request is declined.

I would also add a clear text stating that people should not submit issues if it's less than 30 days from the date of the event.

Regards,

Rudy

Steven Walls November 21, 2023

Thanks for the welcome Rudy!  Is there an automated way to decline the issue?  I have a text stating that requirement.

Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2023

Hi @Steven Walls 

Sure you can, you should create an automation in your projects which looks like this:

image.png

You should change the first condition, to the requesttype/issuetype people create. And change the transition to, to the correct status.

Change {{issue.duedate}} to the field name you have for the date. If it is called 'event date', then change the smart value to {{issue.fields.event date}}

You also want to put in your own comment, but that one is quite obvious.

Last, if the event date is not mandatory, you should add a condition after the first condition, like {{issue.duedate}} is not empty

Good luck

Steven Walls November 24, 2023

Thanks Rudy; I'll give it a try.  I'm a complete novice in Jira, but I'm determined to make it work for my project.

Like Rudy Holtkamp likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events