Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting portal request search for "external" customers

Aleks December 4, 2019

Hi all

My team supports two kind of customers: internal and external customers. The internal customers are devided in different departments. Therefore I created for each department an Jira Service Desk Organization. The external customers have their own organization.

Is it possible that our internal customers (all departments) can search all Service Desk requests or at least all request of the other departments, but the external customers can only search the request created by their organization?

We have one Service Desk Project for both customer, since we can't merge two Service Desk Projects in one queue.

I don't want to merge the departments in one organization, because I need this kind of grouping for the Service Desk reports.

Best regards

Aleks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2019

Hello Aleks,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When we add customers to a project and then add them to an organization, they will be able to search only for tickets where they are the reporter, participant or the ones shared with the organization.

You can add the same customer on more than one organization, so they will be able to filter the tickets by organization in the customer portal.

So, the answer to your question is no, internal customers can’t search for tickets on other organizations unless they are also part of the organization.

If you have any other question regarding this matter, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

Aleks December 8, 2019

Hi Angélica

Thank you very much! Didn't know that it is possible to add customers to multiple organizations. Of course this is the solution!

Thank you very much!

Best regards

Aleks

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events