Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict the customer to view only specific projects on Customer Portal

Dishal Singh November 5, 2019

Hi , We are using Jira Classic Service Desk. 

Currently, Our customers can logon to Customer Portal but they can also view OTHER Project lists.

We want to restrict the customers to view only their Projects, How can we do that ?

I have seen few support incidents and followed the steps but it did not help.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/FATAL-Service-Desk-customers-can-access-other-customer-s-portal/qaq-p/104037

I have followed the below steps:

• Go to your project's settings -> Customer Permissions
  • In the "Who can access the portal and send requests to The [Customer Name]?" section, use the "Customers my team adds to the project" option

Doing this will now hide this project from the pool of projects in the Help Center.  Once I did this for all customers, this meant that there were no projects visible now for my test user.  

Next, on the Customers page, add an 'Organization' (pretty much a group of people) to the project (if you don't have one already).  Now, any users that you add in this organization will only be able to access to the portal of the project(s) that they are included in. 

Jira Customer Portal.png

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2019

Hi Dishal,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

We appreciate all the details provided. The steps you followed is indeed the necessary configuration we need to make to restrict the projects for customers.

When we open a project to allow anyone to send a request, all customers and users from one project will automatically appear on the project that is open. When we close the project selection the option “Customers my team adds to the project”, if the customer was not manually added to that project, they will be removed.

In this case, it will be necessary to make a list of the customers that need to access, for example, the External service desk project and manually add them.

You can find more details on the documentation below:

If you have any other question regarding this matter, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events