Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict external access to portal while still receive their email?

Ole Kristian Aas April 5, 2022

We would like to user JIRA SM to provide our staff with an IT Helpdesk. This helpdesk also need to accomodate for receving notifications from monitoring, and also requests from external partners.

We've tried "all" the settings in Jira SM, but there is no way to configure the following:

• All internal users have access to the SM project and it's portal, and thereby also the FAQ (in Confluence) -> All OK!
  • All external users should be able to send request to the same SM project, and if not existing, have their account should be created.

So far so good, but there is no way to restrict access to the customer portal for these external accounts. In fact, there is no way to configure permissions in the customer portal at all !??!

• We are able to restrict access to the FAQ Confluence space for our internal users only, but this would then require the entire staff to be licensed as Confluence users. To us, this is not an option.

Anyone had the same issue? In case; how did you resolve this?

1 answer

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2022

Hi @Ole Kristian Aas

We had a similar issue and we had to purchase the extension for service desk from devinity. It allows you to restrict who is allowed to see the portal. I guess you can lock it for everyone who is external.

Good luck

Luca Perri June 10, 2022

Hi @Fabian Lim 

Was the below extension the one that you purchased?

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212161/extension-for-jira-service-management?hosting=cloud&tab=support

Also, I'm assuming you can restrict who can access the portal but allow anyone to email the various SM projects, right? This is the issue we're facing. We want to limit the portal to only internal folks, but let all external folks still be able to create tickets via email.

Thanks for your help!

sehrish javed October 23, 2023

I am also looking for this ,Kindly guide me how we can restruct external users to access portal,we can hide portals but user can access it when they enters the URL

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events