Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved issues have resolution is empty

Aggeliki K November 9, 2022

Hello,

I have some specific issues which are resolved, but when I use the search filter resolved is empty or the filter resolution is empty , the query returns these issues. In the jiraissue table I can see that the fields that have to do with resolution (resolution, issuestatus) have the same values as resolved issues have.

Why is that happening?

Thank you in advance,

Aggeliki K

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2022

First, stop reading the database - it's the wrong way to do any reporting on Atlassian data.

So, you say you have a set of issues that are resolved, but show up in a search for "resolution is empty", suggesting that they are not resolved.

What makes you think they are resolved?  In the UI, not the database?

Aggeliki K November 10, 2022

Hello,

They are resolved. When viewing an issue, status and Resolution fields have the values ΟΛΟΚΛΗΡΩΜΕΝΟ and Επιλύθηκε, which are the values used for resolved issues 

Aggeliki K November 10, 2022

I can tell the issues are resolved since, when viewing these issues (from the Edit/View screen), fields 'Status' and 'Resolution' have the values 'ΟΛΟΚΛΗΡΩΜΕΝΟ' and 'Επιλύθηκε'. which are values that correspond to resolved issues        

0 votes
Florian Bonniec
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2022

Hi @Aggeliki K 

You have to set the resolution when going to the final (resolve) status.

You can add a post function in the transition to set a default one or add a screen with the resolution field in it. Having the resolution field in this screen will force the user to set a resolution (no need to add it to the field configuration scheme).

Setting a resolution will also set a resolution date.

Regards 

Aggeliki K November 15, 2022

Hello Florian,

I am sorry for my late response.

Thank you very much for your reply.

I will try this solution and come back with questions, if needed.

Regards,

Aggeliki Karagioule

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events