Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request types portal groups

Teja April 24, 2024

Hi Community,

I wanted to create a nested portal groups. User UI it displays initially Submit change requests - After clicking on this option it shows 2 options Software , hardware .

After clicking Hardware, I wanted to display all the hard ware products ( A, B ,C).

3 answers

0 votes
Teja April 25, 2024

Hi, 

Thanks for the info. The major constraint here , we cannot copy a form in Jira software.

Current set up is choosing component in JSM in the ticket it  will create a clone in Jira software.

If I starting using forms it may not be cloned in Jira software. Yes, I do aware of paid apps can extract the information and replicate in to Jira software. Do we have any free software's or any other way of approach.

0 votes
Vijay Dadi April 24, 2024

Dear @Teja ,

JSM doesn't have capability of creating nested groups on your portals. Instead you can Forms functionality to have request types behave dynamically depending on user response.

Hope this helps !

Regards,

Vj

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2024

@Teja

Have you looked at using Forms? You could use them to show "different" fields/options depending on the options you pick. This may not work in all cases as forms have certain restrictions, but depending on what your requirements are, you may be able to get these to work!

Thanks,

Kian

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events