Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request type how to create a dropdown that appears based on choice of the previous dropdown

Vera Valshonok May 7, 2023

I am creating a request type form. I've created a dropdown (checkboxes). I currently can choose one of them and nothing happens. I need to have another dropdown so that when creating request, when I press on one of the choices, another dropdown of people would open and I can choose a person. 

So I want to have a fore checkboxed chouses of the teams and when you press on one of the teams, depending on the team there will be a choice of people from which I can checkbox (choose) one of the people.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mohamed Saad Taha May 7, 2023

HI,

If I understand correctly you can choose filed type cascading, and make the values as persons and then make automation to do next actions based on values of the cascading values

BR,

Vera Valshonok May 7, 2023

@Mohamed Saad Taha I don't have an option of cascading, I see Dependent dropdown filed type , which is not what I look for as I want it to show up as check boxes and I see a Checkbox field type, which can be created but does not relate the previous checkboxes and I need it to look as I choose  a category from the 5 checkboxes suggested and , depending on the category I choose, another list of checkboxes appears.

Mohamed Saad Taha May 7, 2023

HI, 

I suggest Below. 

1- use different filed type called cascading and configure it for your values (creating new filed)

cascading.JPG

2- based on your configuration you can make first level then the second level will be changed according to first choise  

3- If the filed you are using now you need it's values you can Use add-on like script runner to copy the old filed value to the new cascading filed then remove the old one 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events