cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request type fields not visible on 'Issue view' tab

Zaldy Parian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2023

Hi,

I created a custom field named Office Location. I added these fields to issue types incident, service request, change request, and problem. I also added this field in the request type Hardware Request on the [Request form] tab. But when I click on [Issue view] tab, the Office Location field, and a couple more fields, are not visible.

What am I doing wrong?

hardware.gif

2 answers

2 votes
Els Bassant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2023

Hi Zaldy, 

As the info blurb near the top of the field says, all fields on the request form should be visible to agents once the issue is created.

If you create a test issue and fill out these fields, does the agent view show them as expected?

If the fields don't show up, you can always use the "find your field' option from the top right menu to check why you can't see a field.

Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 09.21.22.png 

Hope this helps!

Els

2 votes
Marko Blagus
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 2, 2023

Hello Zaldy,

If you add fields to "Request form" they will be available on "Request form" and "Issue view". Even though you can't see them on "Issue view" tab, agent will be able to see them when he enters the issue.

If you add those fields to "Issue view" tab, they will be only available there, you won't have those fields on "Request form" tab.

Screenshot shows the message you get when you try to add a field to the "Issue view" tab if you already have it on "Request form" tab.

Screenshot 2023-11-02 091252.png

Make sure to have them on your edit/view screen for issue type using that request type.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Marko Blagus

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders