• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Request participants or something like to the portal as a required field?

I'm trying to add Request participants or something like to the portal as a required field at ticket creation. We want to make users enter their manager if it's a request that will request manager approval. But it wont let me add that field in the Request types editor.

1 answer

0 votes
Fahad Siddiqui Community Leader Sep 08, 2020

@jpittman can you try to add approvers filed through screens and then try.

I woke up and that was my first thought I had today. Going to try it later today.

Fahad Siddiqui Community Leader Sep 09, 2020

Sure and let me know if anything else required...

I tried that and manager. Issues is it's not emailing the person tagged or letting them see the ticket in the portal. I think there some field configuration I'm missing to enable that.

Had to use manager as approvers gave a search index error when adding them to a view group so they could see ticket they are tagged on. Also adding manager to get emails with create/update/ect did the 2nd part I needed.

I tried that and manager. Issues is it's not Upsers emailing the person tagged or letting them see the ticket in the portal. I think there some field configuration I'm missing to enable that.

I can give you want I did Monday to make it work.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

241 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you