Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request form fields and issue view

Kelly Phillips December 11, 2022

I've been setting up my portal forms and trying to standardise the issue view as well.  I thought I had everything done perfectly, until I realised that everything I had done in the issue view, had messed up my portal forms.

In my portal forms, I have a field 'Business Unit' which I've made mandatory with selected options. Portal form.png

Request form configuration.png

In the Issue View/Edit form, I want the Business Unit and other fields to be displayed in the Information tab (because it's just used for reporting purposes and is 'noise' on the General tab.

Issue view config.png

Issue Overall Config Screen.png

When I go into the configuration for the Incident Type screens, the Request form shows as per the attached image. I saved these.

Then moved onto the Issue View tab, in order to customise these fields.  So I wanted all these fields to be shown on the 'Information' tab - so I went to the 'edit fields & tabs' view, and changed it as per the attached images.

However, when I went to my portal and looked at the form again, it had removed the 'Business Unit' fields from the Request form view completely.  They no longer show up as fields on my Portal Form either, and the field in the left panel now says 'Business Unit' Request view next to it.  I moved the fields back into the Request Form view, saved the changes again, and then when I looked at the request view again, it had removed them from the 'Information tab' and put them into the 'General tab' as per the below screenshot.

General tab.png

Am I doing something wrong, or is it an 'either or' scenario. I had the fields on the Portal field for users to complete which means they are on the General tab OR I have them on the Information tab, but it means they don't appear on the Portal form for users to complete?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events