Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request desk team to update specific field on workflow transition

Hemal Jivani February 10, 2023

I want to enforce that when desk team user changes the status of the issues, they would be requested to update the specific field value before they can proceed with the transition. 

E.g. When someone moves an issue from "Discovery" to "Ready for Scheduling" I want them to define the priority of the issue to ensure they do not miss updating the priority of the issue for the team to be able to efficiently prioritize their work. 

I tried a validator, but it did not work. It just shows an error. 

1 answer

0 votes
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2023

Hi, @Hemal Jivani 

What error does your validator show? And what does your validator look like? Can you share a screenshot of the setup? A validator that's checking for a non-empty value in your Priority field should work.

Hemal Jivani February 10, 2023

Hi Esther 

Thanks for the response. The issue I am facing is not with the validator. It seems it works as expected, but it only shows the error message. What I want is for user to be able to see a screen where they will see the field for priority and select the priority before switching to the next status/workflow transition. I think something similar to showing the resolution screen when it is marked as done.  

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2023

OK, so that's not how validators work. A validator is designed to check for a specific item (field value, user role, etc.) and allow a transition to happen if the condition passes. There's no way to show the error and then show them a new screen. The only thing you could do is put the field you want to use (i.e. priority) on a new screen setup, and then use that screen in the transition. They will get a modal showing that field when they click the button to transition.

Like Hemal Jivani likes this
Hemal Jivani February 16, 2023

Thank you that was helpful and good interim solution. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events