cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request Type not showing on screen called during transition

Keith Jones
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2021

I'm able to create a new screen, populate it with several fields (including Request Type), and then set it as the screen for a particular transition, however when the screen shows, all fields are there with the exception of the Request Type. Did I miss a step? Or is this tied to the Request Type field itself somehow? 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2021

Yes, there's a slight oddity here in that Request type is implemented so that it looks like a field and so you can put it on screens.

It isn't a field you can change, it's a structural attribute and it determines other things, so you can't just change it as though it were a field.

JasonB3 August 8, 2021

Hi, I'm trying to do the same. I have a business role that acts as Triage for all incoming cases. If Request Type doesn't show in a transition, do you have any other options where I can remind them so that cases get routed to the proper issue category?

Like akhalifah likes this
akhalifah August 17, 2021

I'm stuck now with same situation as Jason. Any Ideas ? don't want end up with creating a new list field for this purpose unless its the last option. any ideas please ? 

0 votes
JasonB3 August 17, 2021

Hi, I had to pivot my approach. Maybe for the better. This work around removes the need for request types in transition screens. 

Inspired by this article: Automatically set Customer Request Type When Issue is Created via Jira | Jira | Atlassian Documentation

...I was able to come up with some legacy automation rules that will automatically assign request types. From there, I create a 'triage' queue in each issue category where have automation dumping requests. 

This removes the need for agents to select a request type during transition and also saves the agents from clicking back and forth between Top level navigation of Queues and (Incidents or Service) requests. 

To still catch cases that were created improperly, I've created a "Lost and Found" queue in the Queues category. 

This probably won't work for everyone's scenario and request types will have to be carefully crafted, but it works for me. So thought I would share. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events