Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request Type change/audit logging

Devin Ponda July 6, 2022

We are finding that a custom field is randomly being removed from a request, but there appears to be nothing in the Audit Log to troubleshoot this and see if a person is doing it.

Anyone run across this before?  

-Devin

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2022

@Devin Ponda -

Can you clarify a bit more on your ask?  A custom field is being removed from a request - Are you saying that the custom field was removed from the request form within a JSM project?

In addition, you should also look from the system level to determine if the custom field (in question) are being changed - example the configuration context for the field against the project (i.e. the field was applied via the context setup against the specific JSM project, but it was removed or updated in properly).  

Lastly, does your request form includes "FORM" configuration elements?  

In general, the audit log will not track request form changes associated to each JSM project as far as I know of.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Devin Ponda July 11, 2022

Yes, we have a field for the customers to enter a name.  It disappeared from the Request Form. Audit logs in Jira don't appear to track this in detail.

Just so I understand, there's no way to track changes made to Request types? Either on the Request form side or the Agent view? 

Is there a 3rd party app that could do this?

Thanks,

Devin

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2022

@Devin Ponda -

I would recommend you to submit a support request with Atlassian Support (https://support.atlassian.com) because they have full access to the systems logs since it is associated with the CLOUD env.  

I am not aware of any 3rd party add-on that provide the audit record that you are looking for.

Best, Joseph

2 votes
Bhaargavi Natarajan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 25, 2023

This is being tracked in the feature request below:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-11728

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events