Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request Type Forms with Dependent Questions?

Brian Powell May 12, 2023

Hello all,

I'm just editing our new request type forms and looking for some extra functionality.

I was wondering if JIRA is able to handle dependent questions? Such as hiding a question/textbox until the above question is answered?

2 answers

2 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2023

Hi @Brian Powell and welcome to the community!

There is a separate feature called "Forms" that you can use to augment your Request form which provides this functionality.  You can configure it in Project Settings >> Forms.  

1 vote
Olha Yevdokymova_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 14, 2023

Hello, @Brian Powell !

I would like to recommend an add-on for JSM, JWM and Jira called Smart Jira Forms. It offers a must-have feature in today's forms: conditional logic. This allows you to create forms that appear shorter and more user-friendly, motivating respondents to fill out the form completely. With Smart Jira Forms, you can set multiple rules according to your requirements.

One great feature that I personally love is the ability to add embedded elements to the form builder, such as informative images for respondents. Additionally, the add-on provides a crucial feature—an attachment field category for users.  You can easily collect information and attachments while enjoying a seamless form-building experience.
Hope this add-on will help you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events