Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Request Participant not getting comment notification

I have added a user in the request participant field but they do not get notification.  I am testing this by adding another agent before I use a real customer.  They do not get a notification when I make a public comment.  Here are my notification settings.  Any ideas?  I am using Jira cloud service management.

jira.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs Community Leader May 19, 2022

Hi @Paul Dokken ,

Agents who are a customer can be a tricky thing in Jira.

I would recommend to test with a real customer (or customer test account).

Agents may not get the same notifications when they are reporter or request participant of a request in JSM.

I tried creating a test user and added it to the request participant but still do not get any emails.  Is there a way to look at what emails were sent to a customer?  I am on the cloud version.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Improving the Create Issue Experience in Jira Service Management Cloud

Hello everyone!  We are very excited to announce some much needed changes to the issue create experience in JSM (the blue "create" button) at the top of the screen.  We have just starte...

305 views 15 11
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you