Request Forms: related, user defined fields

Julius Liljeberg December 27, 2021

Hello dear community!

Now, a sleepless night has passed that I spent creating custom fields to create different request forms. In the process I have discovered and learned many things, but there is one thing I just can't figure out.

It's about creating a form that gives the ability to make a user selection in an initial field and then decide between different options in a subsequent, associated field.

The custom field "Selection list (cascading)" comes very close to the solution, but there I need to specify options in the first field instead of being able to select a user (as I actually need).

An alternative could be to have a free text instead of the user selection, where the employees can enter user names themselves.

You can find an example as a photo. I would be very happy about an idea!

Thanks a lot and best regards!
Julius

grafik.png

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2021

Hi @Julius Liljeberg , it seems like the imminent rollout of Proforma might end up working best for you? I am not sure when you might see in your instance but maybe raising a support ticket with Atlassian Support to get to the top of the list would help.

Julius Liljeberg December 27, 2021

That is awesome news! I just wrote to the support team. Fingers crossed that the functionality is just as well thought out as the Marketplace app.

Thanks to you and have a good one!

Julius Liljeberg January 7, 2022

Jack, that helped very well. I already designed my first forms with the fresh integrated Proforma. Thanks again!

Like Jack Brickey likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2022

awesome! I will be coming to you for help next. ;-)

Julius Liljeberg January 10, 2022

Anytime! ;-)

Simon H
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2022

@Julius Liljeberg forms for JSM should now be enabled in your instance. Any feedback or suggestions would be welcome (I'm the PM of ProForma/Forms).

1 vote
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 28, 2021

Hi @Julius Liljeberg 

If you need forms for Cloud version of JSM, you can try Forms for Jira (created by my team). It allows adding different fields to issues and tickets without creating custom fields for the whole project. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events