cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reports on most common issues and most used solutions

Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2024

We have a client that is asking to find the most common issues and most used solutions.

I have been using JSM for years and this is one of the reports or dashboards that are hard to find out of box reports or even with an add-on.

I am trying to solution some of this for a client and just puzzled and need another opinion to help understand how to build this type of report.

I typically have used Custom Charts for this type of work but I am not sure "most used solutions" is something we can find.
Report on most common issues seems easy to do with most common requests.

Please help!

2 answers

1 vote
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2024

Hey @Aaron Geister - maybe this report is a good starting point?

Requests deflected

When a customer goes to raise a request in the portal and starts entering a summary, articles are suggested to them based on the labels specified the article. If the customer selects the suggested article while raising a request and votes it as helpful, it is counted as a request deflected in the portal.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/how-are-my-knowledge-base-articles-performing/

Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 3, 2024

I think this would be helpful for them and I was looking at request deflected but I think they are looking at this from inside a Jira request.

I will point this one out again to see if this will help facilitate their need.

0 votes
Kevin Patterson July 2, 2024

Hi Aaron,

Is your client referring to "most used solutions" as an agent or requestor using an existing knowledge base article to solve the issue? Or are they using something like a resolution code/detail field completed by the agent to track this?

Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 3, 2024

I believe they are referring to "most used solution" from the agents side. So they can understand what articles should be suggested and keep track and report on the most used solution.
I think they are wanting a chart or report but I will check back for more details.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events