Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting in Jira Service Mangement

Banajyotsna palbabu April 4, 2022

Hi Experts,

We have developed a custom Request form for the customers to collect information like their departments, user IDs , Location Address etc. I would like to know how can I build a report or if there is a standard report available where I pull the information an user fills out while creating the tickets? For example in our case I would like to pull a summery report that will provide the users and their departments submitting the requests. Please let me know if you know more details. 

Thanks for your help.

Jyotsna 

2 answers

0 votes
Banajyotsna palbabu April 11, 2022

Thank you @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ Ravi. One of our issue type has two request forms associated to it. One of the form tracks the Dept of the user who created the issue. I would like to create a report to see which Dept created the maximum number of tickets. I could not achieve it through Queues or the standard reports available. Can you please elaborate a bit ?

Thank you in advance.

Jyotsna 

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2022

Hi @Banajyotsna palbabu 

There are various places in Jira where you can go to create reports or view list of tickets raised.

- In built project reports in JSM projects

- Queues

- Issue Navigators: use JQL and saved your searches

- Jira Dashboards

- Embed Jira reports in Confluence (if you are using it)

- Dump in CSV/Excel to report outside Jira

For instance you can create a simple pie chart showing the number of tickets by departments (if that is a field in your request form).

Is there any specific report you are looking for? Try explore the native dashboards and gadgets.

Ravi

Banajyotsna palbabu April 12, 2022

Thank you @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ Ravi. One of our issue type has two request forms associated to it. One of the form tracks the Dept of the user who created the issue. I would like to create a report to see which Dept created the maximum number of tickets. I could not achieve it through Queues or the standard reports available. Can you please elaborate a bit ?

Thank you in advance.

Jyotsna 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events