Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporter to change when cloning a ticket

soren nielsen September 20, 2022

How does this work when you CLONE and issue..

The person who clones is different than the originator of the ticket.. how do I get the NEW CLONED ticket to have the person that cloned it as the REPORTER - I do not want the original ticket creator as the reporter..

3 answers

3 votes
Niki Wennink October 25, 2022

To set the reporter of the newly cloned ticket to the issue creator (the person who cloned) I did the following:

Knipsel.PNG

In the advanced part of the then statement I added this code:

{
    "fields": {
        "reporter": { "id": "{{initiator.accountId}}" }
    }
}

This automatically changed the reporter of the cloned issue for me.

1 vote
James Fama January 30, 2024

Hi Atlassian community,

The above method did not work for me. 

The following method works for me. The first two steps are the same except for the last steps. We did this following:

Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 10.17.37.png

Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 10.19.47.png

Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 10.20.54.png

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2022

@soren nielsen The clone issue process actually clones the issue so there is no way to change the reporter until after the issue is cloned.  You could use automation to change the reporter.  I think this should work.

Screenshot 2022-09-20 151006.png

You might want to put some additional parameters in your JQL to limit it to a specific issue type, etc.

soren nielsen September 21, 2022

That sounds great, can I do this on the server version? or is this only for cloud?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2022

@soren nielsen my example was cloud.  There is automation on server and it should work the same there.

Niki Wennink October 25, 2022

I have the same question, but the above example is not possible. It is possible to set the assignee to the issue creator, but not the reporter. How can I do that?

Simon Augustin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 7, 2023

Hi @Niki Wennink

to change the reporter to the initiator you need to select "edit issue" and select field "reporter" and set the smart value to {{initiator.accountId}}. Choose "set value" instead of "copy from"

Please see the screenshot:

Bildschirm­foto 2023-11-07 um 13.07.57.png

Niki Wennink November 7, 2023

This was a long time ago already. I've solved it by using the more options and enter the following statement:

{
"fields": {
"reporter": { "id": "{{initiator.accountId}}" }
}
}

Like Szymon Wosiak likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events