Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporter shows "undefined" / "Anonymous" in Service Mgmt Portal issues

Christoph Schmitz May 11, 2021

Hello,

I have a serious problem with my new service management portal. 3 out of 4 issuetype show reporter = undefined (Anonymous when you look it up in the issue search) and therefore issues being created arent shown to the customer. Even in the internal Jira system the issues that we reported dont have any reporter set or shown - only Anonymous.

I thought it was a problem with the permissionscheme or smth but even if I create an issue with my sys-admin user account, the issue gets lost right at the moment I click Submit in the "Create request portal dialogue". I have all permissions I need "Browse Projects" / "Administer Projects" and soon... But the reporter is always set to "Anonymous". Another strange behaviour I noticed: 1 request type / issue type behaves as usual - reporter gets set and customers can see their issues in the overview page the other 3 request types behave in this strange way I described.

I have no idea what to do next. Do yo have any idea?

Best regards
Christoph

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Guillaume
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2021

Hi Christoph,

Thanks so much for your question.

Can you please let me know which version of JSM you are using?

Can you also check your automation rules to make sure you are not accidentally clearing the reporter on issue creation?

Let me know how you go.

Thank you,

Guillaume

Jira Service Management

Christoph Schmitz August 5, 2021

Hi Guillaume,

turned out it was a problem with the Refined for Jira SM Addon.

Best regards
Christoph

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events