cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporter notifications on an issue created with an automation rule do not work

Fco_ Javier Blanco González
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 18, 2023

Hello, I have encountered an issue with an automation in JSM where it has an assignee as a reporter and several participants, and none of them receive notifications, nor does the issue appear in their customer portal. What could be the cause?

All notifications are enabled, and with issues created by other clients, we set these other clients as participants, and they work correctly and can see the issues in their customer portal.

2 answers

0 votes
Igor Medeiros - Modus Create January 16, 2024

Hi @Fco_ Javier Blanco González 

If you are still looking for alternatives, our app Notification Assistant for Jira may be able to assist you with improving notification handling in Jira.

Feel free to reach out!

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2023

@Fco_ Javier Blanco González -

Welcome to the community.  When you use automation rule to send custom emails to the assignee and participants via the "Send Mail" action, you need to make sure that your org is not blocking emails coming into your env from your JSM site.  Another thing will be ensure your custom email recipients don't have filtering setup in his/her email client app where JSM emails are being filtered out.

Those emails will never be posted in the portal UI, because in the JSM portal UI (once the issue is created), only public comments are being posted along with the status changes of the issue.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS