Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Reporter' field always returned as 'Required'

Duje Senta September 8, 2020

Hi,

We've integrated Jira APP into our solution on Infobip CUP portal.
Since GDPR doesn't allow to search users, we prompted a client to make 'Reporter' field as Optional. But Jira API always returns field type as 'Required' on given URL of clients Jira account even the 'Reporter' field is set to Optional That blocks our client to search or create 'Issue'.

Can someone please check what is going on?

Jira URL -> https://ib-apac.atlassian.net/

Thank you,
Regards,
Duje Senta

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2020

Hello @Duje Senta 

Welcome to the community.

Reporter is a required field in JIRA. It cannot be made optional. All issues must have a value for that field, or the issue cannot be created.

Duje Senta September 14, 2020

Hi Trudy,

Then why does the settings have an option to set Reporter as 'Optional'?
On Jira Software we've succesfully set Reporter as 'Optional' and Jira API returns 'Optional' and that is good since our clients cannot search User due to GDPR restrictions. But on Jira Service Desk, for some reason, the Reporter is always set to Required even we've set to Optional.

That makes our Jira integration non functional.

Regards,
Duje Senta

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2020

It had been my experience with JIRA Server that Reporter was a required field for all issues. I assumed that was also the case for JIRA Cloud. Based on your comments I must be incorrect.

Duje Senta September 15, 2020

Hi Trudy,

It is okay. Thank you for your answer.

Can you please check with someone from product development or R&D if that is a bug or feature?

Regards,
Duje

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 15, 2020

Hello Duje,

I cannot check with product development because I am not an Atlassian associate. I am just another user of the product, like you. Posts from Atlassian associates will actually say "Atlassian Team" next to their name.

Duje Senta September 24, 2020

Ok,

Do you know where I can contact someone from Atlassian Team?

Regards,
Duje

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 24, 2020

If you are using a licensed version of the product you can go to 

https://support.atlassian.com/login?returnPage=https%3A%2F%2Fsupport.atlassian.com%2Fcontact

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events