Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report a bug

Sama Mohamed August 7, 2022

Does anyone know if I have a form on JSM that I use for test cases design, then If the test didn't pass for example on firefox, I want to put a button beside the test case to report the bug including its summary in Jira can this be achieved? please refer to this screenshot

image.png

What I want to do is : 

I want to connect this section to a Jira field to create an issue ( and the issue type is a bug ) and the summary of the issue is what stated under this section 

Please provide detail on your actual result

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2022

@Sama Mohamed -

Still it is no clear on what you wanted to do?  Unfortunately the image you provided didn't clarify your ask.  Please provide more information.

What do you mean by having a button next to the test case?

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

yes sure, so I was actually creating forms for the testers to submit the failed test cases, for example, this is test case one, so as you see if the test case has failed on Microsoft Edge, there is a section to report the bug in comment section like why this test case has failed on chrome 

image.png

what I want to do is:

Under this section "Please provide detail on your actual result" a connection to Jira to create an issue ( the issue type is Bug) and the summary of the issue is what is stated in this section where I am showing with the yellow arrow

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2022

Unfortunately it is not possible with FORM configuration.  The only thing I can think of is you may be able to use Automation for Jira to establish possible rule to automatically create an issue in your other Jira Software project.

Here is the link for Automation for Jira (it is available free in your CLOUD env already) - https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-cloud-automation/

Best, Joseph

yes I have used automation several times, but how to connect forms with Jira issues that's my confusion, like how to trigger the field inside the form that If an issue was stated in the form , to go to Jira and create this issue automatically

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 7, 2022

In general, issue is created your JSM project using the Form configuration where you are actually linking Form's field back to yoru JSM issue field.

Once the issue is created in JSM, then you can therefore using Automation for Jira to assist your auto BUG creation process..

Currently, there is no further functionality in Automation for Jira to read off fields (where it is reside in the Form ONLY).  You will have to link them to actual JSM issue fields to use Automation for Jira to reference them.

Best, Jospeh 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events