Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply with ticket id when opening a ticket via email

Costas Damianakis
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 12, 2022

Hi,

I have a rather simple question. I setup Incoming Email and now a sender can open a ticket in Jira via email. But no response is sent back to the sender with the ticket id.

Can you help me sort it out?
Thank you

2 answers

0 votes
Costas Damianakis
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 12, 2022

I think the create issue is enabled. Still I don't get a reply.

jira.png

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2022

Hi @Costas Damianakis , welcome to the community!

Are we talking JSM here or are you actually using Jira software? Incoming email can be used in Jira software to configure and allow individuals to create an issue via email. However, in JSM a customer opens an issue via email which is configured under project settings – email requests. However in JSM a customer opens an issue via email which is configured under project settings – email requests.

if the customer is successfully opening a JSM issue and not getting a notification back then please go to project settings – customer notifications and ensure that the create issue is enabled.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2022

Hi @Costas Damianakis ,

so first off I say this is actually a software project and more specifically a TMP project. As such I will move your post to the Jira software collection. It doesn't change anything it just keeps saying in the right area so that gets the right eyes on it.

With that said, now that I understand the situation a bit better it will be easier for me to assist. With TMP projects, notifications are a bit simplified. I do want to first comment though that generally speaking you will not receive a notification for changes that you make yourself. So if you are trying to test out notifications it is best to use a second user. Not sure if that may be what you're running into here or not, I just thought I would mention it. One things to inspect - click on the three dots out to the right in the image you provided and select edit and inspect who should receive notifications.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events