Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to customer not able to be sent when agent creates ticket

Raoul Kaiser February 21, 2023

If a Jira Service Desk agent uses the create button within Jira the customer gets set up as "Agent raised this request via Jira". When we use the reply to customer the agent gets the email not the customer. We do capture the customer in an additional field called requester which is a custom field. However the customer notifications do not allow mail to them from the reply to customer. It is customers involved or reporter. Is there a way I could do a reply to customer?

Reply to customer options.png

1 answer

0 votes
Oliver Siebenmarck _Polymetis Apps_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2023

Hi @Raoul Kaiser ,

You should be able to change the Reporter and set it to the customer. To me, that is be the most straight-forward way of handling this.

Best regards,
 Oliver

Can you explain how? I don't think I have attempted an automation like that.

Oliver Siebenmarck _Polymetis Apps_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2023

Actually, I meant manually updating the field before replying to the customer, but I guess you could also try an Automation.

First, the customer needs to have already been added to JSM – since you have the customer in a different field, you should be good here.

Next, go to Project Settings -> Automation. Create a new rule there with the trigger Issue created. As an action, you should copy the customer from your custom field to the Reporter field. If I am not mistaken, that's the Edit Issue action which then allows you to copy a value from a different field.

Hope that helps,
 Oliver

I receive "Reporter can't be edited". Is that a setting I can turn off?

I can do it manually but automated it only allows me to copy in Assignee, Creator, or Reporter. I am farther along though. Thank you

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events