Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing jira user from an agent role and making him just a user

Vera Valshonok May 22, 2023

I am seeing the for Jira Service management (premium) each person who is added to it become automatically an Agent and addition of each agent is felt on the bill we pay.

I'd like to remove some users as Agent gradually but keep their access permission to jira.

*What possibilities will they loose when becoming users with Jira access in comparison to being agents?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2023

If they are Agents in JSM, they can interact with customers.  Jira users who are not Agents can still be setup as Collaborators, where they can still view and comment on the issues created in JSM.  

If you only make them JSM Customers, they are treated as Internal Customers and can create new tickets for Agents to act on.  We have our software developers setup as Collaborators so they can still view JSM issues and comment on them, as well as see comments they are tagged on.  But they don't have access to interact with customers.  Collaborators are not using a JSM license.  

Here's some more info on setting up Collaborators with JSM.  Jira/JSM integration 

Hope that helps.  

Vera Valshonok May 23, 2023

@Dan Breyen thanks! Can you direct me or share info on how to I move the once who are currently agents (one by one, for now, gradually) to just jira users (collaborators) - the once who just have access to jira and the permissions you mentioned.

Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2023

Hi @Vera Valshonok in that article I attached, there is a section on how to give Jira users permission to view and another to comment on JSM issues.  If they are not tagged as a User(Agent) under product access (should just be set as a customer) then they won't take a license.  Then go into your JSM Project Settings, and under 'People', add them to the Service Desk Team Role and you should be good to go.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events