cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Customers from a Service Desk Project

C_ Derek Fields
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2022

While I have been implementing and maintaining Service Management projects for many years, I only recently ran into the following problem. I searched the Community and the Atlassian documentation for an answer but nothing popped up. After some experimentation, I figured out what was happening and I want to share this with the community. It drove me crazy for several days trying to figure out what was happening. I hope that this information saves you some time.

Problem: I created a JSM project and noticed that there were several customers already populated in my Customer list. I wanted to remove these Customers but couldn't figure out how to do that. The Atlassian documentation said to go the Project Settings -> People and remove them, but they didn't appear in that list. In fact, there was no one yet in the People screen. I was the only person who should have had access to the project. There didn't seem any way to remove these "phantom" users from the Customer list.

Solution: After experimentation, I realized that the people in the Customer list were there because they belonged to a Group that had "Browse Project" and "Create Issue" permission to the project. Once I removed "Create Issue" from that Group, those Customer disappeared from my Customer list. 

Derek Fields

derek.fields at rightstar.com

1 comment

Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2022

@C_ Derek Fields . great insight!

This is also resolved as follows:

Go to "Project Settings" and then click "Customer Permissions".

You will see that your project is configured as follows, as shown in the image, just change the option from "Anyone allowed on the customer access settings" to "Customers added to this service project only by agents and admins" and automatically the list of customers from your project will be clean. Remember Save at the end of the page.

Screenshot_79.png

This is because when you create a JSM project, this customer base comes by default, guaranteeing visibility of the project to the site's customers, changing this permission, only customers that you register manually will have access to your project via the requests portal.

Regards,

Fernando | OAT Solutions

Like Christian Gieseler likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events