Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove tables from fields and comments with automation

Ariana DeJesus September 28, 2021

I see there's a way to find and replace strings and text that matches a certain criteria but how do I go about removing any text within a description or comment that contains a table? 

The use case here is for users who email in their requests, their signature turns into an oversized table that takes up more than half the page and can be distracting from the real content. I'd like to know if there's a way to automate and detect the table holding the signature so that it can be removed

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2021

Hi @Ariana DeJesus and welcome to the community!

Currently there is an issue in progress from Atlassian, to include this functionality within JSM projects (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-5878). You can watch this issue to get notified about its progress.

Now, apart from that, you could user the replace smart value, to create some sort of an automation and to remove unwanted text.

Hope that helps!

Ariana DeJesus September 28, 2021

Gotcha! Thanks for responding so quickly. 

As for replacing the smart value, how would I do this with a table? Is there a smart value for this?

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2021

No there isn't a smart value for a table unfortunately. However you could do a workaround, finding the first and last strings of the signature and clear everything in the middle. You have to do a bit of a testing first, just to make sure that you will not remove anything you might want.

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 28, 2021

See this suggestion as well, which could have solved your problems https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-837

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events